[TowerTalk] Heliax question

J. Hunt ki5dq at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 20:13:36 EDT 2021

Visible "conductor are oxidized, stained or tarnished" is bad news, highly suspect remaining moisture within.

Moisture within any feedline is trouble.

Thanks n 73,
James
ki5dq

     On Saturday, July 24, 2021, 12:36:08 PM CDT, Jon Zaimes via TowerTalk <towertalk at contesting.com> wrote:

 Two tests I use for newly acquired used hardline .....
With nothing connected to the other end, measure resistance with VOM. It should be open. Anything else, there is a problem.
Then I test with the TDR function on my AA-230 Zoom antenna analyzer. Normally two flat lines near center scale but if a problem it will show otherwise. It may show distance to a specific fault.
73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K Tower climber for hire http://www.aa1k.us/ Cell: 302-632-2353email: jz73 at verizon.net or aa1k at arrl.net