[TowerTalk] Phillystran Tension Gage

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sun Jul 25 21:31:19 EDT 2021

You're overthinking this. 10% of breaking strength pretension
recommendation is not critical in most ham cases. It's a very general
ballpark figure. On towers that are heavily loaded, pretensions can be a
little more important. I see anything from 8% to 15% specs for
engineered towers at 60°F. Depends on many factors.

BTW, SS guy wire is generally rated for slightly *less* breaking
strength than galvanized EHS of similar construction.

Just figure 400 lbs pretension in either case for 3/16".

73, Steve K8LX.