[TowerTalk] 7/8” hardline connector compatibility

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Tue Jun 1 13:20:15 EDT 2021

On 6/1/21 12:12 PM, Scott Townley wrote:
> I have a hunk of RFS FLC78-50J that needs a connector. I see comments on
> the web to the effect that the RFS 7/8” connectors work/will fit on Andrew
> LDF5-50 cable.  Does anyone know if the opposite is true—could I use the
> e.g. Andrew’s L5NF on RFS FLC78-50J?

It's different cable, and there are many different connectors.  Calling it
"Andrew" likely means it's not a newer commscope self flaring connector
variant and I've seen these "work" but they will wiggle free in the center
conductor over time.

The proper RFS connector is like 20 USD, why even chance it?  Use the RFS part
for RFS cable and know it will work the first time for many years to come.

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice