[TowerTalk] 80m shunt and 160m shunt mounted on same tower

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Sun Jun 13 21:16:34 EDT 2021

I've been doing that for decades. It's a 70 foot tower with a JK Mid-Tri
near the top, a D40 6 feet above it, and a JK CS3-JK on a sidearm at
about 50 feet. There are two gamma matches on opposite sides of the
tower. The 80 meter side has a second piece of tubing in parallel most
of the way up to reduce the inductance, Q, and peak voltage. There are
variable capacitors at the base of the tower, with a relay to switch
between bands.) I can provide more details offline in a week or so.

http://sdellington.us/hr/Tower%202019/Blog/Photos/Gamma1.jpg
<http://sdellington.us/hr/Tower%202019/Blog/Photos/Gamma1.jpg>

(There are a bunch of ropes in the photo, but the near side is 80 meters.)

http://sdellington.us/hr/Tower%202019/Blog/Photos/Tuner2.jpg
<http://sdellington.us/hr/Tower%202019/Blog/Photos/Tuner2.jpg>

73,
Scott K9MA