[TowerTalk] TOWER LIGHTING

cqtestk4xs at aol.com cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 12:32:26 EDT 2021

First, thanks to all who responded  to my post.  I've got it all sorted out.
I purchase two new beacons lights which had 106 Watt bulbs for 110VAC.  Bought two strings of LED lights which had more Lumens than a 100W bulb.  Took the transformer off both sets off lights so they would run on 12VDC.  Then I coiled them around an old paint roller cover and stuffed them in the beacon housing.  Purchased a sensor to limit operation to night time and  a flasher from Amazon.   Got a 100W solar panel , a 35 A/hour battery and voltage regulator also.
Panel and battery have not yet arrived, but I tested the system and it is very bright and flashes about once a second.  I wasted (it really wasn't needed except to satisfy them) for around $250 on the entire system.  Whoever said hams were cheap is right.
Bill K4XS/KH7B/V31XX