[TowerTalk] Climbing a crank-up tower when nested

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Sun Jun 27 11:20:02 EDT 2021

Climbing a W braced crank up (Tri-ex/Tashian) is no different than any of the W braced fixed towers like T-15/T-20/T-26.  Weird yes, but with climbing boots it’s not a problem.

Just put some big pipes or 4x4s through the tower and release the tension on the cables. It’s still way safer than using a ladder to get to the top.

Ken K6MR