[TowerTalk] Antennas for SO2R station

WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Mon Mar 1 13:20:29 EST 2021

I live on a small lot, 80x180, in a subdivision....I have a 50ft tower
with a 3L Steppir on it.....I had planned on putting another Steppir 2L
about 7 ft above the tribander.....BUT......my current SO2R setup I'm
using a Hytower as the second antenna.....the rigs are a 7610 and
7300.....I have 5B4AGN bandpass filters on both rigs.....I'm already
having interference issues between the rigs now, so I think moving a
second antenna to the same mast is asking for more trouble. Just
wondering if anyone uses 2 antennas on the same mast for SO2R? Also, is
the 7300 maybe a problem? I heard that radio generates a lot of phase
noise on TX, not so good in SO2R applications. Anyway, planning for some
tower maintenance this summer, and looking for suggestions on optimizing
the station for SO2R....