[TowerTalk] Antennas for SO2R station

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 1 13:47:28 EST 2021

Challenges like yours demand that we not give anything away in the
design of our stations. Part of that is the choice of radios, and the
Elecraft K3-series rigs are greatly superior to the ICOM and Yaesu rigs
for multi-transmitter operation. Stubs to kill amplifier harmonics and
serious chokes at every feedpoint also matter. See k9yc.com/7QP.pdf for
what W6GJB and I did to run two K3/KPA500 stations with antennas on the
same mast separated by 3-5 ft. I have 5B4AGN filters at home, augmented
by stubs for the amps; Glen's contesting trailer has equivalent W3NQN
filters in addition to the stubs.

73, Jim K9YC