[TowerTalk] XM240 40M Moxon Conversion

Fred Sanborn cc-6569 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 17:13:09 EST 2021

It has been years since I made the conversion of my CC XM240 to a 40M
Moxon antenna.  It has sat in my basement and I still have yet to get it
up on the 100' R55 tower.  I am expecting to finally do that this
season.  I have a couple questions if I may ask here.

1.  I have wound 2 CM Chokes from K9YC's cookbook designs using 14 turns
of RG400U on a 2.4" OD #31 mix toroid.  I am planning on using both in
series to the feed point.  Do I need any thing else?

2.  I remember reading something about someone having a breakage of the
CC Al channel holding the element to boom.  I was unable to find that
reference again.  Could the channel be re-enforced by the use of an
additional AL plate on the back of the channel or some other remedy?

     Thanks.  Tower talk has always been a great resource of information.

         73,  Fred  KG9X