[TowerTalk] Need Quality RG6 cable

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Thu Mar 11 09:28:47 EST 2021

Dave

I am in the process of rebuilding my array of Coax Reversible BOGs and I
just bought a large quantity of RG-59U from Davis RF .
http://www.davisrf.com/rgcoax.php

The measured velelocity factor was around 79 ( probably really 78 my
measurement technique was quick and dirty)

The reason I chose RG59 over RG6 was :
1) It is near impossible to find quality female F connectors that wont
become intermittent
2) It is equally as hard to find crimp on PL259 Males of the right size
for RG6. (I am switching all my F connections over the PL259)
3) RG6 is NOT Solderable, RG-59 is SOLDERABLE
4) You can find appropriate good quality crimp on or solder connectors
with the appropriate reducers for RG59 from a number of sources

Dave NR1DX

Dave Manuals at ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com