[TowerTalk] Wire

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Thu Mar 11 22:24:47 EST 2021

You can clean corroded copper with muriatic (hydrochloric) acid,
available at any hardware store. I keep a small plastic bottle of it
handy, and just dip the end of the wire in it, then rinse with water.
Just be very careful with the stuff. Also, don't leave the original
container anywhere near anything that can corrode. If the cap doesn't
seal absolutely perfectly, it the vapor will destroy all metal in the
vicinity. I store mine outside in a covered plastic bucket.

73,
Scott K9MA