[TowerTalk] NEC 5.0 ???

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Fri Mar 12 10:36:16 EST 2021

Also I do know there are differences between NEC 2, NEC4.1 and NEC 4.2
on how each of them handles conductors on or near earth. NEC 2 does not
deal accurately (?) with wire close ( some small fraction of a
wavelength or less) to earth. NEC 4.1 does and "adequate" job with wires
"on the ground" and possibly buried to some degree. Reportedly Rudy,
N6LF found errors with the ground model and worked with Jerry/Gerry (?)
Burke and supposedly that led to NEC4.2 . I do not have exact knowledge
of what those errors were or how they affected what conditions and to
what degree though I am told that for most things we deal with at HF
that it wasn't significant. I have had recent conversation Rudy  on
other topics related to measuring ground characteristics using a OWL
probe and good VNA but we did not get into the various releases on NEC
in the process

STILL: I would like to get BACK TO MY ORIGINAL QUERRY

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE ACTUALLY USED THE new NEC 5.0 windows executable as
supplied by Lawrence Livermore Labs?

Dave
NR1DX

Dave Manuals at ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com