[TowerTalk] Wire

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Mar 13 13:41:54 EST 2021

On 3/12/2021 7:29 PM, Steve K8JQ wrote:
> Do you protect an outside split bolt splice from the weather?

No. I live near the ocean in NorCal, where it's very wet 4-5 months of
the year but snow/ice are a one day a year occurrence.

Others have praised copperweld. I hate it -- very nasty to work with,
doesn't like to be bent. Neighbor had climbers ($800/day) rig an 80M
dipole between tall redwoods at about 100 ft. It was on the ground a
couple of days later.

We've never had a structural problem with POC (plain ordinary copper).

73, Jim K9YC