[TowerTalk] Downhill Beverage

Gary Johnson gwj at wb9jps.com
Thu Mar 18 10:48:56 EDT 2021

Thanks to the many who responded regarding a Beverage on ground, running downhill (W1SRD, NR1DX, N5CQ, AA1K, VE6WZ). It's clear (empirically) that the downward slope causes no degradation and may in fact improve low-angle response. For 160m, a length around 175 ft seems optimum since Vp is so low near the ground. Also, the ON4UN book has a short but useful section on BOGs. Due to property owner restrictions, we can’t use elevated wires, but thankfully we have this alternative to try.

73,
Gary NA6O