[TowerTalk] RG-402 wound on FT-240 core

Byron Tatum bjtatum1 at att.net
Thu Mar 18 12:19:27 EDT 2021

Just a note --    The actual semi-rigid cable (silver plated copper tubing outer conductor 0.141" OD) that is being discussed RG-402 has an equivalent in a "conformable" cable. This conformable cable is the same construction except instead of solid copper tubing outer conductor it has a solder-soaked braid. Easier to work with and same electrical properties. Huber-Suhner produces one called "Sucoform" and another called "Sucoflex". I use the RG-401 size (0.250") for making short jumpers in my VHF/UHF station, using the same connectors made for RG-401 semi-rigid. These connectors are easy to find and not expensive, if you dig around a little. This 0.250" cable has very high power handling ratings at VHF/UHF.   There is a Chinese supplier of conformable cables on eBay. You can get both of these sizes with or without a jacket. The Huber-Suhner cable Sucoform has no jacket.Just some limited information from my experience,Byron W5FH