[TowerTalk] Glen Martin Hazer roller bearings

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 22 01:07:07 EDT 2021

> I am looking for ideas for homebrew roller bearings, since there do not
> seem to be any available with GM not selling Hazers any longer. Mine seems
> to hang on R25 Z braces in a couple of spots.  Not hanging on any tower
> bolts.  Anyway - any ideas?

Had to look, not familiar with the design...

I checked the evil auction site, and see "u-groove" bearings.  Good for
some tower systems, but maybe not for what you have.  I did a search for
GM Hazer roller bearing, and saw the black wheel type.  Is that what you
have?  They call it plastic, it looks like Acetal (Delrin) to me.  I've
had a few parts made from Delrin, maybe someone can cut/turn some new
ones for you?  I buy Delrin rod off ebay.

This link is just for an example of material, because it looks like the
bearings on the GM site:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pk-Delrin-Acetal-Rod-Black-2-00-2-diameter-12-long-bushings-bearings/173642862532

Kurt