[TowerTalk] 12V transient/noise filtering?

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Wed May 12 22:39:42 EDT 2021

On 5/12/2021 7:16 AM, Lux, Jim wrote:
> On 5/12/21 12:54 AM, Michael Tope wrote:
>> Jim, how much current capability do you need?
>>
> probably around an amp or so.

Perhaps using a DC-to-DC converter would be the way to go. DC Power
conditioners seems to be a thing for marine electronics. I don't know if
this particular unit has the right filtering. You would have to dive
into the EMI/EMC specs provided in the datasheet - in particular
conducted susceptibility - to see how good the transient protection is:

https://shop.pkys.com/Victron-Energy-ORI121210110-Orion-Tr-1212-9A-110W-Isolated-DC-DC-converter_p_6996.html

73, Mike W4EF..............