[TowerTalk] Tree Service for Tower Work

Steve Jones n6sj at earthlink.net
Fri May 14 15:09:29 EDT 2021

Jim,
Interesting comments.  I myself mounted a top section of Rohn 25 to a tall
Doug fir here.  When I couldn't after shoulder surgery, I had two different
tree services work on the antenna.  One did a terrible job, the other an
excellent job.  Separately I had a 3rd tree service mount a TV antenna and
rotor in a different Doug fir.  That guy did a great job.  The only
difference I could make out was that the first guy, although he nodded his
head a lot, wasn't very sharp and didn't understand what to do.  The other
two guys were very sharp, clearly understood the plan, and carried it out
flawlessly.
Of course all my experience is with tree guys climbing trees.  I've never
had one climb a tower.  Mine's a crank-up!
73,
Steve
N6SJ