[TowerTalk] Salvage and Re-use of buried LMR600

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue May 18 19:23:58 EDT 2021

I've successfully recovered 150ft lengths of LDF5 which does need three
workers to coil it properly. All connectors on the far end were cut off
first.

LMR600 should be able to be figure 8 flaked on the ground by a second
person with the person pulling.  That prevents any twist being put into
the coax.  Check the specs for the max LMR600 tension permitted.  A
Kellems grip could be used and repositioned after every max length pull
you can do.  A tractor is a bit HD, maybe try a block and tackle first
or the infinite pull length Maasden rope puller.
https://www.amazon.com/Maasdam-Long-Haul-Puller-4-Ton/dp/B002RL7UGW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Maasdam+Rope+Puller&qid=1621380102&sr=8-3

Grant KZ1W