[TowerTalk] 4O3A Rotor Genius

Les Brown lesbrown at sympatico.ca
Sat May 29 15:11:30 EDT 2021

Rich,
   I started using the Rotator Genius when the potentiometer in the rotator
started to act up. It works fairly well. You have to be careful in setting
the voltage options. It uses PWM to modulated the input voltage. The soft
start/stop is way too short in my opinion and I told them so. It is a
fraction of a second. I analyzed the output waveform in great detail last
year. They told me that they would be redesigning the controller hopefully
to improve the soft start/stop and to give more predictable output waveforms
for the various settings.
   You also have to mount the sensor on the boom of a beam far enough away
from the tower legs so as to have a reliable reading (before calibration).
Calibration does correct for most errors though.
73, Les VE3NNT