[TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Pier Pin with Base Plate Insulator?

Jessy Blanchette ve4jbb at gmail.com
Mon May 31 14:44:18 EDT 2021

Hello Talkians!

I am starting the foundation/ground work for a modest Rohn 45G tower
(60').  To make extra use as a radiator I was planning to insulate the
concrete base from the bottom section(pier bin base) with something flat
and high compressive strength (1/2" HDPE, UHMW or even fiberglass sheet).
  A small insulated ring would also be needed around the pier pin to
prevent it from direct contact as well.

Tried searching the archives but I couldn't find an answer :( -- I believe
this has been done in similar fashion with 25 towers with a tilt base plate
and concrete anchors.

Appreciate any comments, ideas or experience with this (or even telling me
I am completely out to lunch)

Thanks :)

Jessy VE4JBB