[TowerTalk] FA-VA5 question

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sat Nov 6 10:30:15 EDT 2021

You can save raw impedance data to memory on the FA-VA5 while using it
standalone in the field and then download it later to the VNWA software.
The one frustrating limitation of using the unit standalone is that you
are limited to 101 frequency points per memory register (IIRC, the unit
has 10 memory registers). For typical antenna impedance measurements,
that is fine, but for TDR measurements, it can limit resolution. You can
get around this somewhat by saving sub-segments to different memory
registers and then combining them after download. In theory this would
allow you to achieve the equivalent of saving 1010 frequency points
while using the unit standalone.