[TowerTalk] DIR-DE-DIR on a 40m yagi ?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Nov 14 17:51:02 EST 2021

On 11/14/2021 2:16 PM, jim.thom jim.thom at telus.net wrote:
> Question is,  can you make  BOTH parasitic elements into  Directors ?
> IE:    DIR-DE-DIR.

Most of their Yagis, including the original 3-el that I have, have front
panel button on the controller for Normal, Reverse, and Bi-Directional.
I haven't looked at how the elements are programmed for the Bi setting.
It takes maybe 5 sec to switch between them.

I mostly use Normal, occasionally Reverse to minimize spinning the
rotator, and Bi when I want to work both directions (mostly, JA and SA,
but occasionally to protect my frequency when working JA.

73, Jim K9YC