[TowerTalk] Need help with Tailtwister

kq2m at kq2m.com kq2m at kq2m.com
Fri Nov 19 16:26:50 EST 2021

Hi,

I have a sidemounted T2X @ 37' which turns a 5L 105CA.  The rotator is
turning fine but the direction indication got erratic very briefly and
then stopped indicating - with the needle pegged to the left end of the
scale.

I had this problem once before and replaced one control box with another
and there was no problem for a few years until now.

Does anyone know what is causing this?  I seem to remember something
about an internal fuse in the control box - could that be a source of
the problem?  I also realize that it could be a potentiometer with dirty
contacts in the rotator but I don't think that is it since the indicator
was only briefly erratic before it stopped indicating.

I would appreciate any thoughts and potential solutions.

Tnx & 73

Bob, KQ2M