[TowerTalk] Booms, et c.

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 22 13:00:34 EST 2021

> I'm working on a Log Periodic project.  I'm looking for a M2 42' long x
> 3" diameter boom.
> If you have one, even if the total length is a bit longer, let me know.

I don't have an M2 boom, but for longer pipe, I go to irrigation supply
yards.  Pipe typically from 2"-5" diameter, and 50' is standard,
although I don't recall the increments in diameter.  The larger
thick-wall stuff is often referred to as "torque tube", and is used in
wheel irrigation systems:

https://www.hastingsirrigation.com/irrigation/wheel-line-side-roll/

If using it for a support, bases can be pressed on.  Here's an example,
some have four holes:

https://directpivotparts.com/products/Western-Wheel-Line-Flange-Adapter-Choose-Size-

It's been a long time since I checked prices, about 15 years.  At that
time, 5" thick wall aluminum torque tube, 50', was ~$100 a stick.

Kurt