[TowerTalk] Kellums Grip for supporting cables aat tower top

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Thu Oct 7 16:21:02 EDT 2021

Al:

      I use about a foot of insulated solid #12 AWG house wire to
support my coax runs up the tower.  (Thanks, K7LXC).  I have a Trylon
tower that has several unused holes in each leg.  I run the house wire
through the hole and wrap it a couple of times around the entire coax
bundle, not just up against the inside of the leg.  Then I twisted the
free ends of the #12 together tight against the bundle. Last year I had
to replace a section of several coax runs up the tower (danged
squirrels!) and merely had to unwind the #12 ends to get free access to
the failed coax.  When finished, I tightened the wires again.  They've
been up there since 2001.

      I would think you can use the same approach for a Rohn or other
tower with tubular members.  Just wrap the #12 around the leg a couple
of times, beginning in the center of the wire length, then lay the coax
on top.  Wrap the #12 around the bundle a couple of times then twist the
ends together.  This material is long-lived and re-enterable.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F