[TowerTalk] RF Surge Suppressor at Base of Tower or Shack SPG or Both ?

Gary Schafer garyschafer at largeriver.net
Thu Oct 14 22:52:52 EDT 2021

You need to have the tower bonded to your house electric ground for NEC
compliance.

To the question of the AC entrance on the other side of the house, the
easiest way to deal with this is to run an AC line from your service
entrance panel for your radios over to where your tower lines come into the
house. Place AC surge protectors on that line as close to the antenna cables
as you can. Of course bond the box that the suppressors are in to the box or
panel that contains your antenna suppressors.
Then power all of your radio equipment ONLY from that box with the AC
suppressors in it. This way you have a true SINGLE POINT GROUND for your
equipment.

73
Gary  K4FMX