[TowerTalk] Balun question

Ignacy Misztal no9e at arrl.net
Sat Oct 23 22:31:42 EDT 2021

 Regarding the power handling of the F connector...

I just unpacked 2m9x, the 9 element for 2m by M2. It has a phasing line (or
balun) made of RG6 (60% coverage) and flimsy looking crimp type F
connector. The beam is rated at 1.5 KW and has an excellent reputation.
Apparently both RG6 and the F connector can do pretty well at the legal
limit on 2m.

Ignacy NO9E