[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 mast bolt: What hex key do I need?

W7TMT - Patrick W7TMT at outlook.com
Sat Sep 4 22:33:42 EDT 2021

Bill Gates once said that "The best way to make money is too set the defacto standard". Apparently he was correct. Someone else said that "... standards are so great that everyone wants their own." So there's some risk in this but numerous on-line sources suggest that the standard hex wrench size for an M8 hex fastener is 6mm. It's possible Yaesu deviated from that but it seems unlikely. If so, considering the application, it would be up one size rather than down.

An example of a standards sheet from a fastener supplier calling for the 6mm size  can be found here. Numerous other sources agree.

https://www.northwestfastener.com/files/inch-and-metric-hex-bolt-and-socket-cap-screw-tool-size-chart-northwest-fastener.pdf

73,

Patrick, W7TMT