[TowerTalk] Boom Material

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Mon Sep 6 14:51:17 EDT 2021

It depends.  Electrically you will be fine unless you're using a published
design that used through-the-boom elements, in which case there might need to be
adjustments.

Physically it will depend on many things.  Wall thickness of course will affect
stiffness.  Another major concern is UV degradation.  I would not hesitate to
recommend Strongwell EXTREN.  I bought two 20 foot lengths of 2" x 2" 1/8" wall
tubing for an LPD project that I never finished.  The stuff has been laying on
the AZ desert dirt for 20 years and it's in perfect condition.  Other fiberglass
has disintegrated in a couple of years.

Wes  N7WS