[TowerTalk] Nut & Bolt Sealant

W7TMT - Patrick W7TMT at outlook.com
Tue Sep 7 21:47:47 EDT 2021

You might want to give 3M 5200 adhesive/sealant a look. It comes in two formulas. Regular and "Fast Cure". The fast cure skins over in an hour or so and is fully cured in 24 hours. The stuff is incredibly tenacious and is often misused in the marine world where a permanent bond is not really what's desired. In your application, the use  of heat, no blow torch required, just a good heat gun, will soften it and allow disassembly at a later date. There are also chemical de-bonders that will release the bond. Highly UV resistant. Check-out the specs and see if it might do the job for you.

Comes in large tubes (9 or perhaps 11 oz.) and small tubes approx. 3 oz. The instructions warn that it must be used within 24 hours of opening. I've successfully kept it much longer by squeezing out a bit and then quickly sealing over the opening with tape. It's a moisture cure product so sealing it well and quickly is the key

73,

Patrick, W7TMT