[TowerTalk] tower climbing shoes or boots - suggestions    needed

Mark - N5OT r-emails at n5ot.com
Sat Sep 18 12:41:20 EDT 2021

It sounds like you're climbing it like a ladder. Rather than climbing it
like a ladder, an alternative could be to only put one foot in one
vertical face and the other foot in an adjacent vertical face.
Essentially you "straddle" the vertical tube at the corner of the
triangle.  Then both feet can be at the same level without sharing a
single horizontal brace.

Then your shoes can be 10 inches wide :-)

73 - Mark N5OT