[TowerTalk] tower climbing shoes or boots - suggestions needed

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Wed Sep 22 16:09:14 EDT 2021

I've also used those Vasque over-ankle hiking boots for tower climbing.
Unfortunately, I was cleaning out the garage last year and YF saw these
50-year-old boots and convinced me to recycle them.  They provided great
ankle support, especially while I was aloft on my Trylon tower with its
diagonal-only cross bracing.  I now have a pair of Red Wing mid-calf,
dielectric, steel shank work boots, from when I worked at the local
electric utility.  (I never climbed a utility pole with them.)  They're
also great for general work but the ankle support is not as tight as
with the shorter Vasque.  FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F