[TowerTalk] Old Force 12 C3-SS info needed

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Sep 22 22:38:30 EDT 2021

If I recall the element to mast clamp is just a formed aluminum plate
riveted to the boom with u-bolts clamping the element. If that is correct
the only thing that could corrode is the u-bolt. Force 12 did not seem to
like using stainless steel u-bolts. If the u-bolt is the only issue it is
pretty easy to measure them (check the bracket hole spacing too) and
purchase stainless steel replacements at McMaster-Carr, etc.

John KK9A

Eric Rosenberg W3DQ wrote:

The element and boom to mast clamps on my 20 year old Force 12 C3-SS are
very rusty and need to be replaced.

Nowhere in the construction/instruction manual do I see where size size
is specified.

Does anyone have that information?

For that matter, if anyone has suggestions on what mods/fixes I should
make on this antenna, which hasn't been touched since I put it up a long
time ago, please pass them along.

Thanks & 73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC