[TowerTalk] Yaesu GA-3000

David Aslin G3WGN david at aslinvc.com
Fri Sep 24 09:44:38 EDT 2021

Looking for recommendations/cautions for the Yaesu GA-3000 absorber.  Ideally, some of the big station and tower installer folks will chime in as to whether this product is worthwhile/durable.
My setup is about to be a Yaesu 2800DXC with K7NV clamp on a tower similar to a US Tower HDX572; 40m Moxon and interlaced 15/20 monobander (32ft boom) on 20ft chromolly mast.  Site is 525ft asl and fully exposed to onshore and offshore winds (approx. 5 miles inland).
I will be managing ramp up/ramp down with a Green Heron RT21 controller, but that won't help with the rocking back and forth from wind gusts when the antenna is stationary; hence, the thought of an absorber like the GA-3000.
Any/all thoughts appreciated.

73, David G3WGN  M6O