[TowerTalk] Truth, Fiction, or Fantasy?

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Tue Apr 26 15:09:42 EDT 2022

All hams or just those who are active in some way? Active hams or active
hams who are on HF?

I can't speak for numbers elsewhere but in this area more than 50% of
those who are on the air at all are only on 2 meter FM and the
digi-voice modes plus Echolink and its counterparts. No interest in HF.

I doubt the numbers regarding EFHW specifically, but...

Of thsoe who are on HF, more than half seem to be happy with simple wire
antennas and have no interest in having or learning about anything else.

Look around. Do some research. I suspect numbers are similar in most
parts of the U.S.

Paul N1BUG