[TowerTalk] Truth, Fiction, or Fantasy?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Apr 26 15:35:55 EDT 2022

> There was a time when the League wouldn't allow these antennas into
 > the pages of QST.

I don't know ... Gotham's verticals were all over QST when I was getting
interested/studying for my Novice.  I consider their "whip with manually
tapped coil" equivalent to the "42 ft vertical" ... particularly the
"no radials" and multi band operation claims.

 > Today's EFHW and OCF dipoles replace yesterday's 43 ft vertical.

The EFHW and OCF dipoles have their place *IF* one understands their
operation and how to use them *PROPERLY*.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV