[TowerTalk] Truth, Fiction, or Fantasy?

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 26 18:46:59 EDT 2022

“The Joe Hams of this world . . . where currently 60% of them seem to be
quite happy with an EFHW antenna, 30% with an EFRW (Random Wire)
antenna, and 10% understand antenna technology.”

> Is this anywhere near accurate?
> Could it possibly be so?

Doesn't seem like it.  In decades of observation across hundreds of
forums, on a global scale, I think those that understand antenna
technology is a very small fraction of a %, perhaps as much as 0.05%,
once the pissing contests die down, and of those, we may only hear from
of as many as three persons.

People would do a lot better if they remembered, a single straight wire
is an LC network, antennas are half of a transformer, and everything
associated with them is relative and variable.  Just the basics.

Kurt