[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 232, Issue 16

Richard Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Apr 27 15:58:46 EDT 2022

A corollary to this generalization:

I have tried to report that I wasted my money on a piece of junk.
Inevitably, I get flamed by other people who also bought the same item.
They act like I am criticizing them personally, not the item in
question.  Because, like you say, they don't want to admit they made a
bad purchase.  They will also try to argue with me that even though the
item is junk, we should feel sorry for the seller because of whatever
reason.  Sometimes, the seller will flame me.  Yes its junk, but this is
ham radio, not pro radio, so it is off limits to criticism.

Speaking of ignorance about antennas, I no longer try to convince
builders of helically wound loops of the folly of that design.
Ignorance, evidentially, is bliss.   I think K9YC was right about 0.01%
being optimistic.

---
Rick Karlquist
N6RK