[TowerTalk] Declination - Does it matter?

Don w7wll at peak.org
Thu Apr 28 22:58:23 EDT 2022

Chris,

I'm up the coast from you. Lot lines in this state are on a true N. Just
line up with that. Close enough works. Doubtful that the receiving end
of your signal or your signal reception will likely know the difference
whether your beam (assume you meant that and not your tower) is pointed
true north or magnetic north - unless you've discovered a new secret
beam better than those presently on the market. IMHO close is close
enough. I use a TH7DXX  and an A3WS and a HF signal received is about
the same strength for _at least_ 15 degs each side of spot center. Being
dead on IMHO only makes one feel better!

Don W7WLL