[TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Sat Aug 13 18:36:53 EDT 2022

John:
     My tower is topped with a Bencher Skyhawk tribander where I grounded all the parasitics to the boom. I also shunt feed the tower on 160M. FWIW.
73 de Gene Smar AD3F

Sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 model 100 laptop

  On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 6:14 PM, john at kk9a.com<john at kk9a.com> wrote:   With a half sloper the tower becomes a radiator. Whether it works well or
not is very dependent on the tower structure.

John KK9A

From:    Gene Smar AD3F wrote:

TT:
    I do what Chuck does for 80M - half-sloper wire - 1/4 wl long - hung
off
the tower from about 50 FAGL. Coax shield to tower, center conductor to
sloper
wire.  It works well, i.e. low SWR except at upper band edge, and work what
hear.
73 de
Gene Smar AD3F