[TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or

Gary Johnson gwj at me.com
Sun Aug 14 12:19:21 EDT 2022

I’m using half-slopers for 80 and 160 on a too-short tower. Simulation and experiment shows that the feed point height determines the resistance at resonance, while the wire length determines the resonant frequency. It’s not quite orthogonal tuning but close enough. I adjusted the 80m one for roughly 70 ohms at 3670, then used the W4RNL-N6NL broadband coax trick to get a decent match over the entire 80m band.

Gary Johnson NA6O
gwj at me.com