[TowerTalk] Rohn BX 56 Hardware Needed

Jon Zaimes, AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 28 07:53:49 EDT 2022

Keith,
My 1990s Rohn catalog says the leg connecting bolts are SAE Grade 5 steel.
For sections BX-8 through BX-4, 9/16" x 1" bolts are used (48 needed).
For sections BX-3 and BX-2, 3/8" x 3/4" bolts are used (12 needed).
Diagrams show lock washer under each nut.
Such hardware readily available from many sources, such as McMaster Carr or your local
Tractor Supply. https://www.mcmaster.com/bolts/hex-head-screws/medium-strength-grade-5-steel-hex-head-screws/
Base specs and diagrams here: https://criticaltowers.com/bx%20series%20towers/Documents/Sandown%20Wireless%202014%20TBX%20Catalog.pdf
Base stubs and tilt base: https://criticaltowers.com/bx%20series%20towers/web%20pages/BX%20Series%20Tower%20Page.htm

73/Jon
Jon P. Zaimes, AA1KTower climber for hireFelton, Delawarehttp://www.aa1k.us/Cell: 302-632-2353 Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922 Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.