[TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550 questions...

Jim Dawson jdawson at jasystems.com
Mon Aug 29 16:49:57 EDT 2022

I'm looking at purchasing a used US Tower model MA-550 on an MARB-550 rotor base. I don't
know anyone who has used one so I have questions:

Will it handle a small tri-bander with a 40 meter element safely? I will limit
it to 40-45 feet because of proximity to power lines.

I recently downsized from a
120' Rohn 45 with stacked mono-banders thinking I was finished with ham radio. It took only a few months to realize I wasn't
ready to give it up yet but I had already moved to a small house on a very
small lot with no room for guys.

I'd appreciate any helpful comments or experience with this tower.

Thanks,
Jim - K9DD