[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 236, Issue 33

Kathy Bookmiller wb2aio at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 09:40:06 EDT 2022

<From: John Simmons <jasimmons at pinewooddata.com>
To: Tower Talk <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New product idea

OK gang, who want to make money on a side business?

Design and build a hall effect replacement for the HyGain rotor position
pot. This part is the weak link in the rotor and new factory parts sell
for $65. I'm thinking lots of people would pay $100 for a better part.
>Hi John,My idea is do away with that pot entirely.
Instead build a small encoder that would 'read' the lines on a printed piece of lines mounted to the inside of the bell where the new encoder/reader would rotate around and shine its light on the markings and count them up or down.  There's 3 wires running to the old pot, so converting them the new use shouldn't be too hard. But this is just my idea after years of dirty pots on my ham-m's
Kathy, w2nk