[TowerTalk] 16om vertical and the number of radials

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Sat Dec 3 12:07:37 EST 2022

Brian,

Isn't the measured probe result only useful for near-field system efficiency
analysis?  By near-field I mean to obtain system efficiency within a
wavelength or so of a vertical radiator.

But for skywave propagation field strength, don't we also need to know more
about the ground conductivity much further out to more than 1km on 160m?   I
can't find it now, but Frank, W3LPL once referred to a U.S. government
publication that addressed this very topic.

Paul, W9AC