[TowerTalk] Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Dec 24 15:17:11 EST 2022

On 12/24/2022 11:53 AM, CEPitts wrote:
> IMO can't go wrong with the Balun Design  products. Nice selection,
> support, well worth the investment from what I believe is a quality product.

The one sent to me by another ham was very well built. Unfortunately, it
did not measure anything like the plot that was on their website. When I
asked a few questions, the plot disappeared. Comments I've seen by the
company suggest that they don't understand how common mode chokes work.

My assessment -- while they're unlikely to fail destructively, they're
also unlikely to do much useful.

73, Jim K9YC