[TowerTalk] Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Dec 25 05:05:16 EST 2022

Hi Paul,

I made S21 measurements using a test jig quite similar to Steve's. His
measurement technique seemed quite good. The (major) shortcoming of his
work is that he measured only chokes on only a few cores, failing to
understand the contribution of production tolerances to reproducible
designs.

A limitation on the precision of my data is that my fixture had to allow
measurement of many hundreds of chokes on many cores, not a few.

73, Jim K9YC