[TowerTalk] New 9 circle PCB with CMCs

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 1 11:19:18 EST 2022

Today I uploaded a YouTube video describing my new 9 circle combiner board PCB design that has small Murata SMD CMCs on each RG-6 feedline.

I include PCB file links to download in both KiCad format or a zipped Gerber folder if you want to build your own.  A BOM and an image of the schematic is included as well.
This is the 9-circle array that was designed by John W1FV.

I review why we need these CMCs, I talk about these small Murata chokes and some VNA tests I did and how these same units can be used as Magic-T’s.
The new design also has a pin-out for the vcc and relay control lines, has the option for gas discharge tubes on the vcc and control lines, and the board has a slightly larger footprint than my previous designs so its its easier to access the F-connecters for field installation.

The evaluation is still on-going at VE6WZ, but the board tested very well in the shop with the VNA, and I used it this weekend for the CQWW 160m test and it performed well.

I know there are many that don’t like to watch a video, and I may build a PDF document, but in my prior life, all I did was make technical/ scientific documents and I’d rather not do that anymore.
It’s much easier to say things quickly in a video.  If a picture is worth a 1,000 words, then a video is worth a million.

https://youtu.be/lVW1CmrzP7c <https://youtu.be/lVW1CmrzP7c>

73, de steve ve6wz