[TowerTalk] ALM-31 Tower question

n1bkb at aol.com n1bkb at aol.com
Sun Feb 6 19:56:36 EST 2022

Hi everyone,
I own an ALM-31 tower that I've got permanently mounted in my back yard on the US Tower rotator base assembly.  The Stepp-IR Urban beam and 2/70 yagis I have on top puts me right at the 50-lb maximum loading recommended by US Tower when it is at full height so whenever we get wind forecasts of 25+ MPH, I lower the array just to be on the safe side.

Now, after two plus years of flawless use, I've become annoyed with the need to raise and lower it by hand and was wondering whether anyone has figured out a way to add an electric motor and gear box to the winch to replace the cranking handle.
Thanx in advance for the help.
73,
SteveN1BKB